It aims to provide a good aesthetic and function (biting, chewing, talking,laughing) in the teeth,jaw,face area, and to stop and treat the progress of existing disorders.
How many types of orthodontic treatment are there?
- Moving orthodontic treatment : it is a form of treatment in which various moving devices are used to prevent problems that may occur as a result of bad habit (finger sucking,abnormal swallowing), to make room for permanent teeth or to correct simple dental malocclusion.
- Fixed orthodontic treatment: braces that stick on the teeth,which are not removed during treatment, and wires that pass through these brackets are made. This treatment can be applied to individuals at any age who have healthy teeth and gums.
- Genetic (hereditary) irregularities
- Congenital abnormalities (cleft lip-palate))
- After-use habits such as finger sucking, pen biting, atypical swallowing (insertion of the tongue between the teeth) , long-term use of bottles and false teats can cause problems in skeletal and dental structure.
- Early loss of milk teeth and large bruises that cause loss of matter in milk teeth may cause permanent riding problems.
- Teeth grinding or falls, bumps, such as trauma can be the cause of orthodontic disorders.
Some of the symptoms that may occur in children can also be diagnosed by
1 – Some habits of children can lead to orthodontic problems.
- The making of sleeping with mouth open and mouth breathing
- Tongue sticking out during swallowing
- Continuing the sucking habits of fingers, bottles, false pacifiers
- Cheek-lip bite
- Nail and pencil bite
- Dificulty biting and chewing
- Speech disorders
- Clenching and gnashing of teeth
2 – Elements related to jaw structure ;
- Non-balanced face appearance
- The upper or lower jaw is very prominent from the outside of the mouth.
- The inability to close lips comfortably
- The jaw is shifted to the right or left side
3 – Related to dental structure
- The upper or lower teeth are very front or back.
- The upper or lower teeth cover each other, and there is an opening between the lower and upper teeth.
- The upper or lower teeth are too December or cramped
- Simultaneous decay of the teeth on the right or left side of the upper or
- Clean and poorly positioned teeth, no matter how much they are brushed,
are dificult to clean completely. There must be food residue between the
teeth. Often, there is a high risk of contracting interface cavities and gum
disease. There is a risk of bone loss and loss of teeth at an early age in
these types of gingival problems. As a result of the middle eastontic
treatment, decay, the formation of gingival diseases is prevented.
- To reproduce the formation of functional problems (such as the jaw joint)
which can also occur due to closure disorders, is also an important part of
the treatment of these disorders.
- Esthetic anxiety relief is provided.
- Proteze in preparation for orthodontic treatment can be done, or sometimes
orthodontic treatment can remove the need for dentures from there.
- Functions such as speech ,breathing ,breathing are regulated.